The second class of my course “Victorian Science: An Era of Discovery” (link), offered through SFU Continuing Studies, occurred today. It was a pleasure to see so many new and returning faces! Welcome to all.
The topic this week was Electricity and Magnetism. The class description:
Electricity and magnetism were hot topics in the Victorian Era. We will examine how a few key insights and relatively simple experiments sparked a revolution in scientific understanding. We will focus on the “Maxwellians,” a group of British physicists who developed technologies making use of new ideas about electricity and magnetism.
Students in the class can download the course notes for today by following the instructions below:
- Click on the “download” link, which will open a new window.
- You will then be asked to enter the password given in class to view the document. Type in the password, then click submit
- You can then view the document on your screen.
- Click the printer icon to print the document.
- Click the download arrow (the arrow pointing downwards) to download the document.
- If you do not see the icons for printing and downloading at the top of your browser window, move your mouse cursor up to the top of the window to make the icons appear.
- If you want to download (save a copy of) the document to your computer, you will have to enter the password each time you open the document.