The fourth class of my course “Victorian Science: An Era of Discovery” (link), offered through SFU Continuing Studies, occurred today. It was a pleasure to see all of you
The topic this week was Science, Exploration, and Culture. The class description:
The Victorian era’s pursuit of scientific knowledge was, in many ways, bound with a desire for exploration, to further the interests of the Empire, and an interaction with changing cultural ideas. We will explore these relationships by examining the contributions of selected scientist-explorers.Students in the class can download the course notes for today by following the instructions below:
- Click on the “download” link, which will open a new window.
- You will then be asked to enter the password given in class to view the document. Type in the password, then click submit
- You can then view the document on your screen.
- Click the printer icon to print the document.
- Click the download arrow (the arrow pointing downwards) to download the document.
- If you do not see the icons for printing and downloading at the top of your browser window, move your mouse cursor up to the top of the window to make the icons appear.
- If you want to download (save a copy of) the document to your computer, you will have to enter the password each time you open the document.